Event & Party Photographer in Singapore
Event & Party Photography Services in Singapore
I offer a diverse range of event photography services, collaborating with private individuals, companies and organisations. My expertise spans weddings, private parties, corporate events and community gatherings, ensuring that I capture the essence of each special moment.
I employ a versatile approach that seamlessly blends natural light and professional flash techniques. Whether your event unfolds indoors or outdoors, including office settings, I am equipped to deliver high-quality on-location photography.
What sets my work apart is the incorporation of a photojournalistic style. Instead of focusing solely on highlights, I strive to document the entire event, capturing the unfolding story and genuine moments.
In essence, I provide comprehensive coverage for almost every conceivable type of event photography.
In the fast-paced world of business, a corporate event isn't merely a gathering; it's a strategic opportunity to showcase your brand, forge connections and document pivotal moments. My corporate event photography services are designed to encapsulate the essence of these occasions, from high-profile conferences to team-building retreats. I seamlessly blend into the corporate environment, ensuring that every handshake, presentation and networking moment is artfully captured.
Corporate events serve various purposes – product launches to establish a market presence, conferences for knowledge sharing or networking sessions for relationship-building. The images captured during these events find applications in marketing collateral, internal communications and social media platforms, enhancing your brand's visibility and professional image.
Professional event photography in the corporate sphere is more than just snapshots; it's an investment in your brand's narrative. High-quality images not only serve as a visual record but also contribute to your company's storytelling. Whether it's showcasing a successful product launch or the collaborative spirit of your team, professional photography adds a layer of authenticity and professionalism to your brand identity.
Community events are the lifeblood of any society, bringing people together and fostering a sense of belonging. My community event photography services are tailored for government sectors and organisations working on these impactful events. From cultural festivals to social initiatives, I capture the heart and soul of your community gatherings.
The images from community events serve a broader purpose – they become powerful tools for community engagement, outreach programs and documentation of cultural richness. They can be used in promotional materials, news articles and community archives, solidifying the positive impact of your initiatives.
In the community context, professional event photography becomes a means to preserve and communicate the unique stories embedded in these gatherings. Every smile, every shared moment and every cultural expression are frozen in time, creating a visual legacy that strengthens community bonds and attracts positive attention to your organisation's efforts.
Private events, be it birthdays, anniversaries or family reunions, are intimate celebrations that deserve to be documented with care and artistry. My private event photography services are crafted to capture the personal stories within these events, creating lasting memories for you and your loved ones.
The images from private events are cherished mementoes, often finding their way into family albums, social media posts and personalised thank-you cards. They become tangible memories that can be revisited and shared, fostering a sense of connection among family and friends.
Professional event photography for private occasions ensures that every fleeting emotion, from joyous laughter to heartfelt embraces, is preserved with sensitivity and skill. These images go beyond mere documentation; they become timeless reminders of the love and camaraderie shared during these special moments.
A wedding is a narrative of love, commitment and the beginning of a shared journey. My wedding event photography services are dedicated to capturing the unique story of each couple's special day, from the solemn ceremony to the joyous celebrations.
Wedding photographs are the visual legacy of a couple's union, finding places in albums, frames and digital formats. They are shared with family, friends and often future generations, becoming an enduring symbol of the love and promises exchanged during the wedding.
Wedding photography is an art form that demands not only technical expertise but also a keen understanding of the couple's narrative. Professional wedding photography ensures that every nuance, from the first look to the final dance, is captured artistically. These images become timeless treasures, narrating the unique love story for years to come.
Sometimes, one perspective is not enough to capture the depth and breadth of an event. Introducing my second shooter photography service, where I collaborate with another skilled photographer to provide comprehensive coverage. This service is especially beneficial for large-scale events, ensuring that no moment goes unnoticed.
Second-shooter photography services find their niche in events where a single photographer might miss crucial moments due to the event's size or complexity. Weddings with multiple locations, expansive corporate conferences or dynamic community festivals can significantly benefit from the added coverage.
Having a second shooter adds a layer of versatility to event photography. While one photographer captures the main stage, the second can focus on candid moments, reactions and alternative angles. This collaborative approach enhances the overall storytelling, delivering a more comprehensive visual narrative of the event. It's not just about quantity; it's about capturing the event's essence from multiple perspectives, creating a richer and more detailed visual story.
Event & Party Photography Portfolio
Event & Party Photo Gallery
Click on the photo to view its entire album on Facebook.
Wedding | Lovelle Cengiya
Wedding | Nathaniel Lam & Rachel Liew
Wedding | Mun Soon & Evelyn
Wedding | Michael & Valerie
ROM | Philip & Sari
ROM | Gabriel & Serene
Wedding Betrothal | Jingkun & Karen
Wedding | Mike & Monica
ROM | Peter & Peiwei
ROM | Niraj & Deepti
ROM | Mike & Monica
Wedding | Kaidi & Ivy
D&D | Misys Annual Event
Gala dinner | JGC Conference Day 4
Conference | JGC Conference Day 3
Conference | JGC Conference Day 2
D&D | JGC Conference Day 1
Fashion Show | A Midsummer Night's Dream
D&D | Raffles Shipping's Annual Dinner & Bowling
Birthday | Vihanna Turns 2
Birthday | Phoebe Tan's 13-Year-Old Celebration
Birthday | Jade Ciccarone
Birthday | Tiffany's One-Year-Old Celebration
Birthday | Khayshaa turned 3
Birthday | Geraldine's 21st Birthday
Birthday | Jden's One-Year-Old Party
Barkday | Luckie
Barkday | Pele
Animal Party | Dachies X'mas Roof Top Potluck
Animal Party | Max's Farewell
Animal event | Dachshund Mega Outing 2014
Animal event | Dog Gathering
Barkday | Luckie's Dog Day Celebration
Animal gathering | Dachshund's Labour Day Outing
Barkday | Pele's Dog Day
Animal event | Singapore Dachies Club Gathering
Barkday | Luckie's Birthday
Festival | Thaipusam 2015
Celebration | Congrats to Charmaine!
Baptism | Sebastian
Community | PAssionArts - Coming home to the heART of Tampines
Behind the Scene | Food Shoot with ChefAtWork at Infuzi
Party with the Elderly
Home Cleaning Project
Convocation | Ahpa Saeyeoh
Testimonials: What Clients Say About Skai
"Contacted Skai a week before our event as there was a change in event date. He was really accommodating. We booked for 2 hours of his time, and because he had such a great attitude, we hired him for an additional 2 more hours. Pictures turned out great! Totally would recommend."
- Oliver C. Dominic, BFT Changi
"Worked with Skai at the recent 7&8Sept2022 Submarine Network World 2022 event at the singapore suntec convention centre. Skai is dependable and responsible. He helps out cheerfully when we need extra hands and i enjoyed the partnership with him. He has a knack of engaging the person behind his camera to bring out the joyous smile at the event. His professional attitude and aptitude will bring him far and wide. Give him a call and find out what he can do for you, whether it’s a work or personal event like celebrating your love one’s birthday. You will surely find him going above and beyond his call of duty :)"
- Elaine Tay
Discover my photography style through the words of past clients! Read my testimonials for an authentic glimpse into the unforgettable moments I've captured. Their experiences can help you understand what I bring to your event or party. Let their words be your guide to a memorable photography journey with me!
Hey there, interested in booking an event and party photography session with me? Great choice! Let me give you all the information you need to get started.
- Contact me with the purpose: Firstly, to book an event and party session with me, simply head to my contact page where you can find the link to text me via WhatsApp. Please indicate your purpose and the package you are interested in, or otherwise, I may mistake your text as a spam.
- Consultation: We will have a consultation to discuss the type of event, the date, location and your preferred style of photography. This will help me understand your vision and see if we are a perfect match. We will also go over the package options and pricing. However, do note that I will only provide advices and suggestions after you have confirmed and booked my services officially.
- Place deposit: To secure your booking, a 50% non-refundable deposit is required. Once your deposit is received, your date and time will be reserved exclusively for you.
Don't worry, I'll send you all the necessary payment details when you decide to book with me. Payment can be made via PayNow or PayPal (PayPal requires extra fee).
The remaining balance is due on the day of the photoshoot.
Remember that it's best to book my photography services in advance to ensure availability. So don't hesitate to contact me as soon as possible to secure your date!
Event & Party Photography Rates & Packages
Up to 2 Hours: $420
Additional Hour(s): $130/block hr
- 🌞 Natural light photography
- ⚡ Use of on-camera speedlite when necessary
- Pace of shoot: Slow
(Subject to availability)
Face to Face discussion:
Starting from +$100
Photographer to scout venue(s):
Starting from +$100
Shoot at beach/ sandy/ dirty venue:
Starting from +$50
Additional photos (basic edit):
Same-day photo edit (basic edit):
Expedited photo edit (basic edit: 3 days after shoot):
Advanced edit (skin retouching):
Revision of photo edit (advanced edit):
Privacy of photos:
Hairstyling & Makeup
- 1x Hair & Makeup Artist (HMUA)
- Up to 1 hour
- 1 Look (Hairstyling for a neat look & Makeup)
Follow through the photoshoot: +$70/hr
✆ Contact me now for a customised package tailored to your personal needs.
My photography packages are designed to help my clients save cost. I'm able to provide affordable photography rates because I don't include the additional services, which most clients don't need.
I have listed the common special requests from clients at the bottom of the packages. For the uncommon ones, do look through the full list of surcharges to avoid miscommunications.
Event Photography Questionnaire
An event photography questionnaire is a list of questions that a photographer can use to gather information about an event before the photoshoot. The questionnaire can help the photographer to understand the goals and expectations of the client and to plan the photoshoot accordingly.
Some common questions that might be included in an event photography questionnaire include:
- What is the purpose of the event?
- Who is the target audience for the event?
- What is the theme or tone of the event?
- Who will be attending the event?
- What is the schedule of events for the day?
- What are the specific goals for the event photography?
- What are the specific areas or moments that the photographer should focus on?
- Who will be responsible for providing the photographer with access to the event?
- What is the budget for the event photography?
Overall, an event photography questionnaire can be a useful tool for helping photographers to understand the needs and expectations of their clients and to plan the photoshoot accordingly.
Skai the Event & Party Photographer
Hello, my name is Skai and I am a professional event and party photographer based in Singapore. I specialise in capturing the unique and candid moments of your special occasion. My style combines traditional and photojournalistic techniques to create a balance of elegant and natural images.
I have a great interaction and understanding of children and pets which allows me to capture them in their most natural state, making my photographs of them even more special. I am also very skilled in interacting with other guests, and this allows me to capture the emotions, laughter and interactions of your guests, creating a complete and wholesome representation of your event. I always take the time to understand your vision and preferences, and I work closely with you to ensure that the final product is exactly what you are looking for.
My passion for event photography goes beyond just taking pictures. I have a great ability to tell the story of the day, constantly looking for different angles and perspectives to make my photographs stand out. I'm always ready to capture the big moments, but also the small details that make your event truly special. I have to admit, whenever I get a good shot, I will smile like a contented kid. I’ll be more than happy to be a part of your event and make sure that the memories last forever.
What Sets Skai Apart from Other Event & Party Photographers
As an event and party photographer, I know there are many others in the industry. But what sets me apart from them? Let me tell you.
- Advice: Firstly, I don't just take pictures. I also advise my clients on the best locations, timing and lighting to ensure that their photos turn out stunning. I take the time to understand their vision and I strive to exceed their expectations. This is why I always try to chit-chat with my clients.
- Lighting: Secondly, my use of light is what sets me apart. I don't just rely on natural light, I use professional lighting equipment when necessary to create flattering light that makes my clients look their best. My attention to detail means that I take into account the angle, exposure and flash to create pictures that are not just bright, but 3-dimensional and eye-catching.
I have injured my hand a few times due to holding onto the camera with a single hand, in order to change the direction of the speedlite (flash) using another hand, for too long.
- Creative: Thirdly, I'm a creative photographer. I try to go for special angle and composition to make my photos look more artistic and different. While my eyes are looking out for interesting incidents, my brain is always thinking hard to capture special things.
- Communication: Fourthly, I pride myself on my communication skills. I understand that not everyone is comfortable in front of the camera, so I take the time to make my clients feel at ease. I'm friendly, approachable and always willing to listen and give feedback. I'm very good with pets and the elderly, or perhaps, I'm always lucky to gain their favours.
- Storytelling: Lastly, my photojournalistic style is what truly sets me apart. I don't just capture posed pictures, I capture candid moments that tell a story. I'm always alert and ready to capture impromptu moments that truly reflect the emotions and atmosphere of the event or party. You may even see me run about during your event and this is very physically draining but definitely worth it.
In conclusion, what sets me apart from other event and party photographers is my ability to advise clients, use flattering light, think creatively, communicate effectively and capture candid moments. I take pride in my work and always strive to exceed my clients' expectations.
Skai's Approach to Event Photography
First off, I believe that every event is unique and I aim to capture its essence through my lens. I immerse myself in the environment, observing every detail and anticipating every moment that should be captured. I'm not just there to snap some photos, but to tell a story through my images.
To achieve this, I work closely with my clients to understand their vision and what they want to achieve through their event photography. Whether it's a private party or a corporate event, I ensure that my clients' needs are met and that their expectations are exceeded.
I also love to get creative with my shots, using various angles and lighting techniques to capture unique perspectives and emotions. I aim to make my clients feel like they are reliving their events through my photographs.
In addition to my photography skills, I pride myself on being professional, punctual and approachable. I strive to create a relaxed and enjoyable environment, allowing my clients and their guests to feel comfortable and at ease in front of the camera.
So, if you're looking for a photographer who will go above and beyond to capture your special moments with creativity and professionalism, you're in the right place. Let's work together to make your event photography dreams a reality!
How Skai Began Doing Event & Party Photography
My initial photography experience was probably similar to most people's, which was capturing my event and parties with family and friends. Looking back, many of the photos are awful.
My first official event photography experience was with the "Tzu Chi Charity Foundation". They needed someone to document the rehearsal of an upcoming event and a friend requested me to help out. At that time, I only had a semi-pro camera and I knew nothing about camera settings. But, I was determined to do my best and capture the essence of the event.
Years later, I got myself an APS-C mirrorless camera and I began to incorporate my photography skills into my small group volunteering events that often deal with the elderly living in rental flats. It was tough at times because there were not enough volunteers and I had to put down my camera to help out. But, I persevered and I knew that the memories I captured would bring joy to those who were involved in the event.
After uploading my work on my new photography Facebook page, clients started approaching me to capture their events as well.
Why Skai Loves Doing Event & Party Photography
- Variety: Event and party photography allow photographers to capture a wide range of subjects, from posed group shots to candid moments and everything in between.
- Emotion: Event photography has the ability to capture people at their happiest moments and that can be very special to those people, clients will appreciate the memories of these photographs.
- Creativity: Event photography often requires quick thinking and improvisation, which can challenge a photographer's creativity and result in unique and interesting photographs.
- Interaction: Event and party photography allows photographers to interact with a diverse group of people and capture their personalities and emotions.
- Children and pets: Event and party photography often involve capturing candid shots of children and pets, which can be a fun and playful aspect of the job for a photographer. These shots can be very appealing to clients, as they often want to remember the special moments of kids and pets from the events. Photographers with experience in this type of photography may be especially sought after by parents and pet owners looking to document their children and pets at events.
- Challenge: Event photography can be fast-paced and unpredictable, which can make it more challenging and exciting than other types of photography.
- Business: Events photography is a popular and profitable niche for professional photographers. Many events or parties are one-time events, meaning that the client is willing to pay a premium price for professional coverage.
- Networking: Shooting events allows photographers to meet and connect with new clients and other industry professionals, which can lead to new opportunities and collaborations.
How Event & Party Photography has Helped Skai Grow
Event and party photography has been a great teacher to me; it has been a tool for growth and self-discovery. It has allowed me to see the world through different lenses and has helped me to appreciate the beauty in even the most ordinary things.
Through event photography, I have learned the value of capturing moments and preserving memories. Each event has its unique story and my job is to tell the story through my lens. I have learned to be more observant and patient, waiting for the perfect moment to capture that candid shot.
I have also learned the art of flexibility, adapting to different event settings and lighting conditions. Sometimes I have to work with limited resources, but it has helped me to develop my creativity and problem-solving skills. I have learned to make the best of every situation and turn challenges into opportunities.
Perhaps, the most significant thing that event photography has taught me is the value of human connection. It has allowed me to step out of my comfort zone and interact with people from various walks of life. It has opened my eyes to different cultures and perspectives. It has helped me to appreciate the beauty of diversity and taught me the importance of empathy and understanding.
Overall, event and party photography has been an incredible journey of growth and learning. It has helped me to develop my skills, broaden my horizons and has given me a new perspective on life.
Your Goals: What Do You Want to Achieve by Hiring an Event Photographer?
Professional Advice for the Best Photographs Possible
Professional photographers have the skill, experience and equipment to capture the best photographs possible given any situation. However, there's a limit to what they can do if the conditions are extremely bad. The most common bad condition is the ambient lighting, especially for outdoor events. Do note that during an event, the guests are free to roam around and thus it's impossible to set up lighting equipment, unlike a portrait photoshoot.
You want to get professional advice from your photographer to make necessary changes, wherever possible, to improve the condition to attain the best photographs possible during the event. While not everything can be changed, it's still worth a try.
I always give advice to clients who are willing to share more details with me. This is why I may try to have a longer casual chat with my clients because the conversation may lead to the discovery of things that may help to improve the events. At least, I will get them to be mentally prepared for the worst-case scenario, instead of being badly disappointed.
I don't overpromise anyone just to clinch a project nor claim that I will be able to produce top-grade quality photographs when the condition of the location is bad. I will provide professional advice for your event for the best photography results possible. Most clients won't be able to tell the difference in photo quality but photographers should still be frank with them.
There was once after I honestly warned a client regarding a kid's birthday event held in an open space during noon time. She then decided not to hire any photographer. I lost the project but I felt good to keep her well-informed.
Start Photography On Time
The last thing you want is to have your photographer late for your event and miss the important moments. Of course, you should always book the photographer to arrive earlier to play safe and also to let him capture some behind-the-scene photographs or interior/ abstract photographs of the venue. Nevertheless, you just want your photographer to arrive on time and not take your kindness for granted.
I always add a longer buffer time to the estimated preparation and travelling time in case of any unforeseeable situation. Therefore, I often arrive way earlier than my clients at the venues. I will take the chance to rest so that I will be in my top condition when the actual event begins. This contributes a lot to the time I have to allocate to every job, on top of the booked duration.
Have the Entire Event Covered and Not Just the Highlights
There are two kinds of working styles for event photographers. The first kind would focus on the highlights and main subjects, such as the march-in session for the wedding. The second kind would try to capture as many moments and guests as possible.
I work on photojournalistic/ story-telling styles of photography. I make good use of every second during the entire event to find interesting subjects and moments to capture; I snap beyond the important moments like cake-cutting and marching in. I try to document down the full story of the event from the start to the end. The viewers of the album will be able to grasp the happenings of the event.
I maintain my fitness level well even though I'm often haunted by old sports injuries and those that I have sustained due to photography. My passion keeps me energetic. As long as the venue allows me to move around, I'll be all over the place to find good angles. You may also see me running about when there are special or interesting moments across the venue.
There are two kinds of photographs - posed and candid. Some photographers work mainly on posed group photographs where the guests would stand side by side for a group picture.
My focus is on candid pictures and I've my ways to snap photographs of guests without them knowing. Of course, I will accept requests for posed pictures. However, I find that when a person looks into the camera, there's a high chance that he will feel self-conscious and thus unnatural.
I tend to get along well with people, including kids and pets. When the guests like the photographer, they will be more cooperative and comfortable, and their smiles will be more natural. I also have my ways to draw the attention of kids and animals.
There are two types of light - harsh and soft light. Soft light can "smoothen" skin. Light can also shape a face from different angles.
I always try my best to light up faces to the best, given each situation. I always use bounced (soft) light whenever possible instead of pointing the speedlite directly at my subjects, and this is also why you can see me rotating my speedlite around. I've injured my hand a few times due to carrying the two-kilogram camera and gears on a single hand while adjusting the direction of the speedlite for a long period of time during my event photoshoots.
Detailed Photo-editing & Culling
For post-production, I run through every photograph countless times over a few days. This helps to improve the photographs' quality because a fresher mind always does a better job. This requires more effort and time for me.
How to Ensure the Event Photography is Successful
Ensuring successful event photography involves collaboration between the photographer and the client. Here's how clients can contribute to the success of their event photography:
- Book Photographer Earlier Than Event Start Time: Schedule the photographer to arrive earlier than the official start time of the event. This provides a buffer for unforeseen incidents, allows the photographer to capture behind-the-scenes moments and ensures they can document the setup comprehensively. Early coverage enhances the flow of photos, especially capturing details and setups before the venue is bustling with guests, making for a more seamless and well-documented event. Also, do note that while professional photographers may try to turn up earlier, don't expect them to begin shooting before the booked time.
- Clear Communication: Clearly communicate your expectations, preferences and any specific shots you desire. Provide the photographer with detailed information about the event schedule, key moments and important individuals.
- Early Booking: Book the photographer well in advance to secure their availability. This allows both parties to plan effectively and discuss details leading up to the event.
- Venue Information: Share detailed information about the event venue. Inform the photographer about the layout, lighting conditions and any restrictions that may impact the photography.
- Discuss Photography Style: Have a conversation about the photography style you prefer. Whether it's candid, formal or a mix of both, communicating your preferences helps the photographer tailor their approach to your vision.
- Collaboration with Other Vendors: If there are other vendors involved, such as videographers or event planners, encourage collaboration and open communication. This ensures a coordinated effort to capture all aspects of the event seamlessly.
- Schedule Breaks for Photography: Plan breaks or specific time slots for group shots, portraits and other planned photography sessions. This allows the photographer to capture essential moments without rushing.
- Cater a Set of Meals for the Photographer: If the event spans awkward hours or is of extended duration, consider catering a set of meals for the photographer. Opt for simple and moderate portions to ensure the photographer can replenish energy without being burdened. This helps sustain their focus and performance throughout the event. Keep in mind not to provide large portions, as the photographer may have limited time to eat during the event and a manageable amount ensures they can stay on top of their game.
- Consider Lighting: Discuss lighting conditions with the photographer. If the event is in the evening or indoors, be open to suggestions regarding additional lighting equipment that may enhance the quality of the photographs.
- Informal Moments: Encourage the photographer to capture informal moments and candid shots. These often result in authentic and memorable photographs that reflect the genuine atmosphere of the event.
- Trust the Photographer's Expertise: Trust the photographer's expertise in capturing events. Avoid micromanaging and allow them creative freedom to document the event organically.
- Address Special Requests Early: Make it known to guests that the event will be documented through photography. Participation in the event implies consent for photographs. If any guest has specific concerns regarding privacy or prefers not to be photographed, encourage them to communicate this in advance. Respecting these preferences ensures a comfortable and enjoyable experience for everyone.
- Be Aware of the Photographer's Presence: Remind guests to be aware of the photographer's presence, especially during key moments. This helps prevent unintentional obstructions and ensures a smooth flow of photography.
- Timely Communication: Keep the lines of communication open leading up to the event. Update the photographer on any changes to the schedule or unforeseen circumstances that may impact the photography.
- Post-Event Feedback: Provide constructive feedback after the event. Share your thoughts on what worked well and any areas for improvement. This helps build a stronger working relationship for future events.
What is Event & Party Photography?
Event and party photography is the art and practice of capturing moments and memories during various occasions, ranging from corporate gatherings to private celebrations.
This specialised branch of photography aims to document the vibrancy, emotions and key elements of events, providing a visual narrative that immortalises the essence of the occasion.
Through a keen eye for detail, composition and timing, event and party photography preserves the atmosphere, interactions and defining moments in a series of compelling images. In essence, event and party photography involves the skilful use of cameras, lenses and lighting techniques to encapsulate the unique character of each event.
Whether it's a formal corporate event, a joyous family celebration or a community gathering, event photographers employ their expertise to freeze moments in time, creating a visual record that transcends the immediate experience. From candid shots that capture genuine emotions to meticulously arranged compositions that highlight key aspects of an event, event and party photography serves as a medium to revisit and share the magic of special occasions.
What is Event & Party Photography also Known as?
Event and party photography goes by several synonymous terms, reflecting its diverse applications. It is commonly known as event photography, party photography, celebration photography and gathering photography.
These terms are often used interchangeably, encapsulating the broad spectrum of events and occasions covered by photographers in this specialised field.
Goals of Event & Party Photography
The primary goal of event and party photography is to encapsulate the atmosphere, emotions and key moments of an event in a series of compelling images. These images serve as a narrative, telling the story of the event for years to come.
Event and party photographers aim to deliver a collection of photographs that not only document the occurrences but also evoke the feelings and significance attached to each moment. Whether it's a corporate gathering or a personal celebration, the goal is to create a visual legacy that resonates with the clients and participants.
What is an Event & Party Photographer?
A professional event and party photographer is someone who captures all the special moments at weddings, private parties and corporate events. They are responsible for snapping candid, natural shots that capture the atmosphere and emotion of the event. Some event and party photographers' style is often photojournalistic, meaning they focus on telling a story through their pictures.
Being an event and party photographer requires a lot of responsibility. They need to be quick and alert, ready to capture any impromptu moments that might happen. They have to be able to work in tedious and sometimes challenging conditions, adapting to different angles, exposures and lighting situations. And if the lighting is not ideal, they use their flash and lighting expertise to create the perfect shot.
One of the best things about an event and party photographer is their ability to be in the right place at the right time. They have a keen eye for detail and a quick trigger finger, capturing every moment without hesitation. They know when to take a step back and blend into the background and when to step up and take charge to get the best shot.
Event and party photography is all about capturing the moments that matter. A skilled photographer knows how to make everyone feel at ease, allowing them to relax and enjoy themselves while still capturing the best shots. They interact with guests and can sense the mood of the event, making sure they capture the essence of the party or wedding.
Event and party photography is more than just taking pictures. It's about capturing the energy, the joy and the love that fills the air. A great photographer has the ability to tell a story through their pictures, creating a visual narrative that will be treasured for years to come.
So, if you're planning a wedding, a private party or a corporate event in Singapore, make sure you hire a responsible and talented event and party photographer who can capture all the beautiful moments of your special day. Trust me, you won't regret it!
Types of Photography Services
Here is a list of events and parties in Singapore that you may like to hire a photographer:
Corporate Event Photography Services
- Annual general meeting (AGM)
- Award ceremony
- Breakfast meeting
- Business expo
- Company anniversary celebration
- Corporate charity event
- Corporate sporting event
- Corporate wellness event
- Customer appreciation event
- Dinner & Dance (D&D)
- Diversity and inclusion event
- Employee appreciation event
- Employee engagement event
- Investor relations event
- Launches (eg. Product launch, Book launch, Brand launch)
- Marketing event
- Meeting (eg. Board meeting, Sales meeting)
- Networking event
- Partner event
- Parties (eg. Cocktail party, Holiday party)
- Press event
- Product demonstration
- Promotional event
- Retreats (eg. Company retreat, Executive retreat)
- Shop opening
- Strategic planning session
- Team building event
- Team offsite
- Trade show
- Training seminar/ session
Community Event Photography Services
- Art show
- Charity run or walk
- Community clean-up event
- Community drive (e.g. food drive, toy drive)
- Community theatre performance
- Cultural event
- Cultural festival
- Educational event
- Fair (e.g. community fair, street fair, health fair, career fair, book fair)
- Film festival
- Music festival
- Political event
- Religious ceremony
- Religious event
- Sports tournament
- Town hall meeting
- Workshop and class (e.g. yoga class, cooking class, art class, writing workshop)
Wedding Event Photography Services
Private Event Photography Services
- Baby shower
- Birthday party
- Retirement party
These are just some of the common events and parties in Singapore. There are many other types of events and celebrations that may be important to different people and cultures who are residing in Singapore.
If your event or party isn't found on the list above, you can make an enquiry as well.
Why are Event & Party Photographers Important?
Event and party photographers are important because they help to capture and preserve the memories of special events and celebrations. Event and party photographers use their skills and expertise to document the events and to capture the atmosphere, emotion and special moments of the occasion.
Having a professional event and party photographer can be especially important for events that are important or significant, such as weddings, birthdays and corporate events. These events often involve a lot of planning and investment, and having high-quality photographs of the event can help to capture and preserve the memories of the occasion.
In addition to capturing memories, event and party photographers can also help to create visual content for marketing and promotion purposes. For businesses and organizations, having professional photographs of events and parties can be an effective way to showcase the company's brand and to attract new customers or clients.
Overall, event and party photographers play a valuable role in helping individuals, businesses and organizations to capture and preserve the memories of special events and celebrations.
Challenges in Doing Event & Party Photography
Here is a list of some common challenges that event photographers may face:
- Lighting: Event photographers may have to work with a variety of lighting conditions, from low light to harsh stage lighting. They may have to use creative techniques, such as using flash or adjusting the camera's settings, to get the best exposure for their images.
- Movement: Events can be fast-paced and unpredictable, and photographers may have to be quick on their feet to capture candid moments as they happen. This can be especially challenging in crowded or cluttered environments.
- Composition: Event photographers may have to work with a variety of backgrounds and distractions, and they may have to be creative in their composition in order to create visually appealing images.
- Time constraints: Event photographers may have limited time to capture the images they need and they may have to work quickly to get the shots they want.
- Crowds: Event photographers may have to navigate crowded spaces and deal with people who may be in their way or distracting.
- Equipment: Event photographers may have to carry and transport a variety of equipment, including cameras, lenses, flash units and other accessories. They may also have to be prepared for unexpected technical issues or equipment failures.
- Communication: Event photographers may have to communicate with clients, event coordinators and other professionals in order to get the shots they need. They may also have to manage large groups of people and coordinate poses and compositions.
- Post-processing: Event photographers may have to spend a significant amount of time editing and retouching their images after the event. This can be a time-consuming process that requires strong attention to detail.
Should I Hire a Professional Event & Party Photographer?
There are a few key factors to consider when deciding whether to hire a professional event and party photographer:
- The importance of the event: If the event is significant and will be widely covered in the media, or if you want to have high-quality images to remember the event by, it may be worth hiring a professional event and party photographer.
- Your budget: Professional event and party photographers can be expensive, especially if you require them to work for an extended period of time or to travel to a remote location. You should consider whether you have the budget to hire a professional, or whether you may need to find alternative ways to obtain the images you need.
- Your own skills and equipment: If you are comfortable with photography and have the necessary equipment, you may be able to take your own images. However, if you are not confident in your abilities or do not have access to professional-grade equipment, it may be worth hiring a professional to ensure that you get the best possible results.
Overall, the decision to hire a professional event and party photographer will depend on your specific needs and resources. If you have a significant event and you have the budget and resources to do so, hiring a professional photographer can be a good investment.
Do you offer discounts for off-peak seasons or midweek events?
My photography prices are as stated. The prices will be timely updated if I happen to increase or decrease my rates.
Do you have any additional fees or charges that we should be aware of, such as travel expenses or overtime fees?
I have tried my best to indicate all fees on my website. I have also highlighted the additional hourly rates on all the packages. Should I have missed out on anything, I will definitely let you know when you make an enquiry. Moreover, before we confirm the photoshoot, I would have told you the final quotation; therefore, you don't have to worry about any last-minute additional fee.
Do you require a deposit to secure our booking?
Yes, you will have to transfer a deposit fee to me to confirm the booking.
How far in advance should we book you for our event?
As early as possible, in case someone else books the timeslot. Booking is subject on a first-come-first-serve basis.
How do you deliver the final images to us?
Weblink download. I will upload the images to my server and send you a URL. You can download the images at anywhere, as long as you have internet access.
How many images can we expect to receive?
The number of images is stated on the packages. Usually, for event photography, you will get up to 50 good images per hour of photography booked.
Why do you use "up to"?
There may be delays during the photography session, such as travelling between locations, waiting for the guests, mealtime or the main subject(s) taking a break. It may not be possible to achieve the number of images in situations where there are huge delays in time.
Do you offer additional services such as image touch-ups or retouching for an additional fee?
Most of my event photography packages should include basic enhancements for the images. Should you need skin retouching, there will definitely be an additional fee for every image required.
How can I get more interesting photographs?
Plan more engaging activities and invite fascinating guests – I'll appreciate that. Ensure the venue is spacious enough for me to move around inconspicuously. If the event revolves around eating, there might be fewer photographs, as guests may feel uncomfortable being photographed while eating. Camera-shy guests, fast-moving subjects like kids or animals, and overly attached children can also impact the variety of shots. Additionally, some venues may have restrictions.
What factors typically affect the quality of the photographs?
Usually, it's the lighting. Please provide as many details as possible about the event so that I can offer advice on making better arrangements.
Can I pay you to take a cab between venues?
Yes, but it's highly advisable not to. Public transportation is too unpredictable and may cause unnecessary stress. Instead, arrange with one of your guests to provide me with a ride.
Can you come earlier to take behind-the-scenes photographs of my family/friends decorating the venue?
Yes, if you wish to book my time earlier, let me know. I'm more than happy to cover behind-the-scenes work to create a complete story. Generally, photographers arrive early to prepare and rest for the booked time, but clients should not take their good intentions for granted.
Do you offer albums or other products in addition to digital images?
No, unless the package indicates. This is to keep my photography services more affordable and allow me to focus on photography instead of making more money in printing. Besides, it's a better idea for clients to do their own printing so that they can choose the images to be printed, instead of wasting money on images that they don't need.
What is your policy for image usage and copyright?
I reserve all copyrights to the images and will use the images on my website and social media for marketing. You can make a special request to buy over the copyright so that I won't publish the images on my side.
The usage of all images is for your company or personal use, for sharing on social media, your website and for marketing. The rights of the images are non-transferable, which means you don't sell them.
Will you be able to provide raw or unedited images in addition to the final edited images?
No. I don't sell raw images. For the high-end photography packages that you need to choose the images for skin retouching (advanced editing), I may generate a low-resolution PDF file(s) for you to select.
Can you provide a list of your equipment and backup equipment?
I'm an open book and definitely one of the few photographers in Singapore who do publish a very updated list of photography equipment online.
Can you provide references or reviews from previous event clients?
Sure. I would love you to look through my testimonials.
Can we request specific shots or locations for the event?
Yes, however, do note that not all shots are suitable for everyone. We will definitely try to get whatever shots you want, but do note that it will take up part of the booked duration.
I do on-location photography and you can let me know the location that you want. While not all locations and timing can produce very good results, I will try my best to research on the location online and let you know the possible constraints.
Do you offer additional services such as videography or photo booth rentals?
Sorry, not at the moment.
Will you be the photographer shooting our event, or will you have a team or associate photographers working with you?
I will be the photographer definitely. In case I'm not well, I will have to try to recommend you to another photographer.
How long will it take to receive the final edited images after the event?
As I'm doing all the photography and post-processing work all by myself to make sure you get the highest quality images possible, the duration will depend on my schedule. I will never rush through the work, having to cause a reduction in the quality of the images.
The longest it will take for you to receive the final images will be two months. However, most of the time, I will give you much earlier that you will feel like hugging me for my effort. For every project, I will give you an estimated (earlier) time, depending on my schedule.
By the way, if you trust me, you shouldn't be worried about the time it will take for me to deliver the final edited images to you. There's no reason for me to keep a huge backlog of work.
Are you able to travel for events outside of your local area?
I'm only able to travel within Singapore.
Related Event & Party Articles
In conclusion, whether it's a corporate event, a wedding or a private gathering, hiring a professional photographer in Singapore can make all the difference in capturing those special moments. A professional photographer has the expertise to capture the perfect shot in any lighting condition, with the right angle and exposure, and using the right equipment. They can also offer creative ideas and suggestions to make your event even more memorable.
By hiring a professional photographer, you are investing in high-quality photographs that will serve as a lasting memory of your event. These photographs can be treasured for years to come and can be shared with friends and family who were not able to attend the event.
Remember, a professional photographer not only captures photographs but also helps to tell the story of your event. They can capture candid moments and emotions, and their photojournalistic style can turn ordinary moments into extraordinary memories.
So, whether you're planning a corporate event, a wedding, or a private party, hiring a professional photographer is definitely worth considering. Don't settle for blurry, poorly lit smartphone pictures - invest in high-quality photographs that will last a lifetime.