Second Shooter at Weddings & Events in Singapore
What is a Second Shooter?
A second shooter, also known as a second photographer, is an additional photographer who works alongside the primary photographer at events such as weddings, parties and corporate events. Therefore, a second shooter at a wedding is also known as a second wedding photographer.
The second shooter's role is to capture different angles and perspectives of the event, as well as to assist the primary photographer in capturing important moments throughout the day.
One of the biggest benefits of having a second shooter is that they can be in two places at once. While the primary photographer may be taking formal shots with the wedding party, the second shooter can be capturing candid moments of guests socialising and enjoying the day. This allows for a more comprehensive coverage of the event, giving you a wider range of photos to choose from.
A second shooter can also be particularly helpful during high-pressure moments, such as the ceremony or the first dance. While the primary photographer is focusing on the couple, the second shooter can capture the reactions of the guests or take additional photos of the venue and decor. This ensures that no important moment is missed and that you have a complete visual record of your special day.
Additionally, having a second shooter can also save time during the event. While the primary photographer is setting up shots, the second shooter can be capturing candid moments, details, and establishing shots. This means that the overall photography coverage of your event will be more efficient, and you'll receive your final edited images in a shorter amount of time.
In conclusion, a second shooter is a valuable addition to any event photography team. They offer a different perspective, more comprehensive coverage, and can assist in capturing all of the important moments of your special day. If you're looking for a professional and experienced photography team in Singapore, consider hiring a second shooter for your upcoming event.
Skai the Second Shooter at Weddings & Events
Hey there, my name is Skai and I'm here to tell you that I'm the best-kept secret in wedding photography - the second shooter. I may not be in the spotlight, but I'm the one capturing all the candid moments and behind-the-scenes action that will make your wedding memories even more special.
I know that having a second shooter might not be on the top of your list, but trust me, I'm like the cherry on top of the sundae, the sprinkles on the cupcake, the extra cheese on the pizza. I'll be the one making sure that no important moment goes unnoticed and no detail goes unphotographed. I may not be the main event, but I'll make sure that your wedding photography is as complete and fun as possible. So, let's make some memories together!
To add on, my wedding photography services ranges from marriage proposal photography, pre/post wedding photoshoot, wedding betrothal (guo da li) photography, ROM/solemnisation photography to actual day wedding photography.
Why Skai Loves Being a Second Shooter
As a professional second shooter at weddings and events, I have to say, I love my job! I mean, where else can you get paid to be a part of one of the most important days of someone's life, eat cake and snap some amazing shots? Talk about a dream job!
But seriously, there's something truly special about being a part of a couple's big day and capturing all the little moments that they'll treasure forever. Plus, I get to be a fly on the wall and capture candid moments that the couple may not even know existed. It's like being a wedding detective, but with a camera instead of a magnifying glass. And let's not forget about the perks, like getting to see all the stunning dresses, beautiful venues and of course, the CAKE! It's all just too good to be true.
But most importantly, I love knowing that the couple and guests will have these beautiful memories to look back on for the rest of their lives and that's what makes it all worth it. And to top it all off, I prefer to let others be in the limelight while I concentrate on my work, capturing all the candid moments that make the wedding day unique. candid shots are my forte and I create lots of natural photos without the subjects knowing, that way the couple can relive their wedding day most candidly and naturally as possible.
What Sets Skai Apart from Other Second Shooters
As a professional second shooter for weddings (and other events), I bring a unique perspective and set of skills to the table that will elevate your wedding photography experience. Here are just a few of the advantages of working with me for your big day:
- I'm a master of candid shots: I know how to capture those candid moments that make your wedding memories so special. I'll be the one capturing the laughter, the tears and the little details that you might miss on your big day.
- I'm a pro at capturing the behind-the-scenes action: I'll be the one capturing all the little moments that happen before and after the ceremony, like the preparations, the first look and the reception. This way, you'll have a complete visual story of your wedding day.
- I'm a master of stealth: I know how to capture candid shots without the subjects knowing so that you can relive your wedding day most naturally and candidly possible.
- I'm a lot of fun to work with: I know that your wedding day should be fun and stress-free, and I'll make sure that's the case for you. With my sense of humour and my easy-going attitude, I'll make sure you have a great time while I capture all your special moments.
- I'm a pro at working with the main photographer: I'll make sure that the main photographer and I are in sync, that way we won't miss any important moment and we will deliver the most complete documentation of your big day.
So if you want to make sure that all the important moments and details of your wedding day are captured in a candid, fun and natural way, let me be your second shooter!
Testimonials: What Clients Say about Skai
"We engaged Skai to photograph our wedding this month - we couldn't be more happy with the pictures he took. He has an excellent eye for detail and managed to capture all the special moments of our wedding without getting in the way of our celebrations. This is the second time we've engaged Skai and we would definitely engage him again in future. Thanks very much Skai."
- Michael Crowe
As a professional second shooter for weddings, I understand that choosing a photographer is a big decision and you want to make sure that you're working with someone who understands your vision and style. That's why I encourage you to check out my testimonials from past clients. These testimonials will give you an idea of my photography style and the kind of experience you can expect when working with me.
You will be able to see the way my clients have described their experience working with me, the kind of photographs I have delivered and the level of satisfaction they have received. By going through my testimonials, you will be able to understand my approach to photography and how I have helped my clients to capture their special day in a candid, fun and natural way.
You will also be able to see how I always ensure that the couples have a great time while I capture all their special moments.
So, before you make your final decision, take a moment to check out my testimonials and see for yourself why I am the perfect second shooter for your wedding.
Hey there, interested in booking a second shooter photography session with me? Great choice! Let me give you all the information you need to get started.
- Contact me with the purpose: Firstly, to book a second shooter session with me, simply head to my contact page where you can find the link to text me via WhatsApp. Please indicate your purpose and the package you are interested in, or otherwise, I may mistake your text as a spam.
- Consultation: We will have a consultation to discuss the type of event, the date, location and your preferred style of photography. This will help me understand your vision and see if we are a perfect match. We will also go over the package options and pricing. However, do note that I will only provide advices and suggestions after you have confirmed and booked my services officially.
- Place deposit: To secure your booking, a 50% non-refundable deposit is required. Once your deposit is received, your date and time will be reserved exclusively for you.
Don't worry, I'll send you all the necessary payment details when you decide to book with me. Payment can be made via PayNow or PayPal (PayPal requires extra fee).
The remaining balance is due on the day of the photoshoot.
Remember that it's best to book my photography services in advance to ensure availability. So don't hesitate to contact me as soon as possible to secure your date!
Rates & Packages for Second Shooter Photography
Quick explanation: The most considerable portion of my photography cost is calculated based on the (1) duration booked, (2) equipment required (natural light/ flash), (3) type of editing (basic/ advanced) and (4) extensiveness of planning required.
Please read the full explanations so that you can make a better decision.
Up to 10 Hours: $1500
Additional Hour: $150/block hr
- 🌞 Natural light photography
- ⚡ Use of on-camera speedlite when necessary
- Pace of shoot: Slow
- Up to 40 photos/hr
- Basic Edit (exposure & colour correction)
- Digital copies (high resolution JPG)
- Photos selection in low resolution PDF
(Subject to availability)
Face to Face discussion:
Starting from +$100
Photographer to scout venue(s):
Starting from +$100
Shoot at beach/ sandy/ dirty venue:
Starting from +$50
Additional photos (basic edit):
Expedited photo edit (7 days after shoot):
Advanced edit (skin retouching):
Revision of photo edit (advanced edit):
Privacy of photos:
Wedding Hairstyling & Makeup
- 1x Hair & Makeup Artist (HMUA)
- Up to 1.5 hour
1 Look (Hairstyling & Makeup)
Follow through the photoshoot: +$70/hr
✆ Contact me now for a customised package tailored to your personal needs.
My photography packages are designed to help my clients save cost. I'm able to provide affordable photography rates because I don't include the additional services, which most clients don't need.
I have listed the common special requests from clients at the bottom of the packages. For the uncommon ones, do look through the full list of surcharges to avoid miscommunications.
Interesting Experiences as a Second Shooter
Being a second shooter is an exciting and rewarding experience that every photographer should try at least once in their career. A second shooter has the opportunity to capture unique perspectives and candid shots that may not be possible for the primary photographer.
I would like to share some of the most interesting of my experience of being a second photographer, whether official or unofficial.
Experience as an Unofficial Second Shooter
I remember the day vividly when I was quite new to commercial photography. I was invited by my good friend, a guest speaker, to cover a fashion runway event. Excited to have the opportunity, I eagerly accepted the invitation. On that day itself, I saw a number of photographers around. They seemed to have arrived at the venue much earlier, mingling with all the models and soaking in the atmosphere. They were trying to guide the models for posed portrait shots as if they were very experienced.
As the event started, I noticed that the photographers were vying for the best spots and they were all over the place. There were also a few who had grabbed the prime spots, such as in the middle of the runway show. I didn't want to compete with them since I thought they were the official photographers hired by the organisers. Therefore, I worked quietly as the unofficial "second shooter", allowing those photographers to take the lead.
Days after the event, I saw the pictures online and was disheartened. The photos were poorly lit, out of focus and uninspiring. I realised that those photographers were just hobbyists who would usually mass around events to get to interact with aspiring models. As a passionate artist, I regretted badly not fighting with them over the better spots and also taking some portraits for the models. It was a missed opportunity to create better-quality photos for the better good of everyone - the organisers, my friend, the models and the guests.
It's not about being competitive or selfish; it's about doing what's best for the project at hand. As a "second shooter", I realised that I have to assert myself more in the future, not just to compete for better spots, but also to ensure that the event is captured in the best way possible. It was a lesson learned the hard way but I'm grateful for the experience.
On a good side, there was still a decent album taken on that day.
How I Unknowingly Turned from the Third Shooter into the Main Wedding Photographer
In the past, I was engaged as a "third shooter" for an actual day wedding, which would begin with the solemnisation ceremony. The client had already engaged a main photographer from her bridal studio package and had also hired a hobbyist photographer who was charging a very low rate.
On the day of the wedding, I arrived early at the venue, but I couldn't see any official photographer around. I was a little worried, but I assumed that they would arrive soon. As time passed, the client arrived late for the solemnisation and there was still no sign of the main photographer. That's when I stepped forward, thinking that the client needed someone to take candid photos of the solemnisation.
I was worried that I might be overriding the main photographer, however, I didn't want the client to miss out on important moments. I took responsibility and started taking photos. I captured all the candid moments, the preparations, the guests and the reception, as well as all the group photos and solemnisation photos.
After the wedding ended, the client thanked me for my services and told me that she had fired her main photographer right before her wedding due to her discontentment with him. She also mentioned that the hobbyist photographer was only hired for the traditional tea reception, which was held in the afternoon hours before the actual day wedding.
Although I felt unbelievable that my client didn't inform me of my new responsibility, I was flattered that she believed in my professionalism and trusted me to take initiative. This experience showed me how much trust clients put in my abilities as a photographer and how much they value my work.
The advantages of having more than one photographer for a wedding are many. Having a second shooter ensures that all the important moments are captured, even if the main photographer is not available. It is a good idea to have a backup plan and someone who can step in and make sure that all the important moments are captured, even if the main photographer is not available.
Second Shooter in Singapore
In Singapore, there are many professional photographers who offer second-shooter services for weddings. They understand the importance of having comprehensive coverage of your wedding day and they have the experience and skills to capture stunning photos that will make your memories last forever.
When you hire a second photographer in Singapore, you'll have a team of photographers who work together to document your wedding day. This means that they can cover different parts of the day simultaneously, such as the bride getting ready, the groom's preparation, the ceremony and the reception. This also means that they can capture different angles and moments of the same scene, giving you a more complete and detailed account of your wedding day.
Having a second photographer is especially useful if you have a large wedding party or if you're having a destination wedding in Singapore. They can help with crowd management, ensuring that everyone is in the right place at the right time and they can also help with logistics, such as carrying equipment and setting up lighting.
Furthermore, having a second photographer can also reduce stress and pressure on the primary photographer. They can help with backup shots, ensuring that no important moment is missed and they can also provide creative input and suggestions for different photo opportunities.
When choosing a second photographer in Singapore, it's important to look for someone who has experience working with the primary photographer and who has a portfolio that showcases their skills and style. It's also important to discuss the details of their services, such as the hours they'll be working, their rates and their delivery timeline.
In conclusion, hiring a second photographer in Singapore is a wise investment that will ensure you have comprehensive coverage of your wedding day, with stunning photos that capture the emotions, beauty and joy of the occasion. So, don't hesitate to contact a professional photographer today and discuss your second shooter options!
The Importance of a Second Shooter
How important is a second photographer at a wedding? A second shooter is important for some reasons:
- They provide additional coverage: A second shooter can capture different angles and perspectives of the same event, giving the couple a more comprehensive collection of images to choose from.
- They can capture candid moments: While the primary photographer is focused on capturing the main events and posed shots, the second shooter can focus on capturing candid moments and details that might otherwise be missed.
- They can assist the primary photographer: A second shooter can help the primary photographer by carrying equipment, setting up lights and helping to pose subjects.
- They can be a backup: In case the primary photographer is unable to continue working due to an emergency, the second shooter can step in and ensure that the photography is still completed.
- They bring different creative perspectives: a second shooter is a great addition to the team as they bring a different perspective and creative touch to the photos.
Overall, having a second shooter is a great way to ensure that all of the important moments and details of the day are captured and preserved in a beautiful and comprehensive collection of images.
Should I Hire a Professional Second Shooter for My Wedding?
Is a second photographer necessary for a wedding?
Whether or not you should hire a second shooter for your wedding depends on your specific needs and preferences. Some factors to consider when making this decision include:
- Size and complexity of your wedding: If your wedding is a large event with many guests and multiple locations, a second shooter can help to ensure that all the important moments and details are captured from different angles and perspectives. A second shooter can help to cover different areas of the event such as; while the primary photographer is capturing the ceremony, the second shooter can be capturing the preparations, the guests or the reception. This way, you will have a more diverse collection of images to choose from.
- More Photos: If you want to have a more comprehensive collection of images from your wedding day, hiring a second shooter can help to ensure that all the important moments and details are captured from different angles and perspectives. This way, you will have a wider range of images to choose from and remember your special day.
- Different Locations: If you and your partner might be at different locations at some time, for example, when having makeup sessions or getting ready, having two photographers can cover both. This way, you will have complete coverage of the preparations and you will have a visual story of how the day started. This can also help to ensure that important moments that might be missed by one photographer are captured.
- Budget: While hiring a second shooter can add to your wedding photography budget, it is important to consider that it is an investment. Having a second photographer will ensure that all of the important moments and details are captured, and you will have a more comprehensive collection of images to choose from. This will also give you peace of mind knowing that you will have a backup plan in case of any emergency.
- Candid Moments: If you want to have a lot of candid moments captured on your wedding day, having a second shooter can help to ensure that all of the important moments and details are captured. While the primary photographer is focused on capturing the main events and posed shots, the second shooter can focus on capturing candid moments and details that might otherwise be missed. This way, you will have a more comprehensive collection of images to choose from, making your memories more vivid.
- Backup Plan: Having a second shooter can act as a backup in case of any emergency, so you can have peace of mind knowing that your photography will still be completed. It's essential to have a backup plan in case of any unexpected events that may happen, and a second shooter will give you a sense of security knowing that your photography will be completed regardless of any unexpected events.
Overall, hiring a second shooter for your wedding can provide many benefits. They will capture different angles and perspectives, and different moments that might have been missed otherwise. They also provide a backup plan and will give you a more comprehensive collection of images to choose from. Therefore, it is highly recommended to hire a second shooter for your wedding.
You may be interested in:
- Wedding/ marriage proposal photographer in Singapore
- Pre-wedding photographer in Singapore
- ROM/ solemnisation photographer in Singapore
- The worst actual day wedding job for a photographer
- Actual Day AD Wedding photographer in Singapore