Second Shooter at Wedding in Singapore
What is a Second Shooter at Wedding?
A second shooter at a wedding is also known as a second wedding photographer.
A second shooter is a professional photographer who works alongside the primary photographer to capture additional angles and perspectives during the actual day wedding ceremony and reception.
The second shooter typically focuses on capturing candid moments and details, while the primary photographer is responsible for capturing the main events and posed shots. The second photographer's work is then combined with the primary photographer's work to create a comprehensive collection of images for the couple.
Why are Second Shooter at Wedding Important?
Second shooters are important for some reasons:
- They provide additional coverage: A second shooter can capture different angles and perspectives of the same event, giving the couple a more comprehensive collection of images to choose from.
- They can capture candid moments: While the primary photographer is focused on capturing the main events and posed shots, the second shooter can focus on capturing candid moments and details that might otherwise be missed.
- They can assist the primary photographer: A second shooter can help the primary photographer by carrying equipment, setting up lights, and helping to pose subjects.
- They can be a backup: In case the primary photographer is unable to continue working due to an emergency, the second shooter can step in and ensure that the photography is still completed.
- They bring different creative perspectives: a second shooter is a great addition to the team as they bring a different perspective and creative touch to the photos.
Overall, having a second shooter is a great way to ensure that all of the important moments and details of the day are captured and preserved in a beautiful and comprehensive collection of images.
Should I Hire a Second Shooter for My Wedding?
Is a second photographer necessary for a wedding?
Whether or not you should hire a second shooter for your wedding depends on your specific needs and preferences. Some factors to consider when making this decision include:
- Size and complexity of your wedding: If your wedding is a large event with many guests and multiple locations, a second shooter can help to ensure that all the important moments and details are captured from different angles and perspectives. A second shooter can help to cover different areas of the event such as; while the primary photographer is capturing the ceremony, the second shooter can be capturing the preparations, the guests, or the reception. This way, you will have a more diverse collection of images to choose from.
- More Photos: If you want to have a more comprehensive collection of images from your wedding day, hiring a second shooter can help to ensure that all the important moments and details are captured from different angles and perspectives. This way, you will have a wider range of images to choose from and remember your special day.
- Different Locations: If you and your partner might be at different locations at some time, for example, when having makeup sessions or getting ready, having two photographers can cover both. This way, you will have complete coverage of the preparations and you will have a visual story of how the day started. This can also help to ensure that important moments that might be missed by one photographer are captured.
- Budget: While hiring a second shooter can add to your wedding photography budget, it is important to consider that it is an investment. Having a second photographer will ensure that all of the important moments and details are captured, and you will have a more comprehensive collection of images to choose from. This will also give you peace of mind knowing that you will have a backup plan in case of any emergency.
- Candid Moments: If you want to have a lot of candid moments captured on your wedding day, having a second shooter can help to ensure that all of the important moments and details are captured. While the primary photographer is focused on capturing the main events and posed shots, the second shooter can focus on capturing candid moments and details that might otherwise be missed. This way, you will have a more comprehensive collection of images to choose from, making your memories more vivid.
- Backup Plan: Having a second shooter can act as a backup in case of any emergency, so you can have peace of mind knowing that your photography will still be completed. It's essential to have a backup plan in case of any unexpected events that may happen, and a second shooter will give you a sense of security knowing that your photography will be completed regardless of any unexpected events.
Overall, hiring a second shooter for your wedding can provide many benefits. They will capture different angles and perspectives, and different moments that might have been missed otherwise. They also provide a backup plan and will give you a more comprehensive collection of images to choose from. Therefore, it is highly recommended to hire a second shooter for your wedding.
How I Turned from the Third Shooter into the Main Wedding Photographer Unknowingly
In the past, I was engaged as a "third shooter" for an actual day wedding, which would begin with the solemnization ceremony. The client had already engaged a main photographer from her bridal studio package and had also hired a hobbyist photographer who was charging a very low rate.
On the day of the wedding, I arrived early at the venue, but I couldn't see any official photographer around. I was a little worried, but I assumed that they would arrive soon. As time passed, the client arrived late for the solemnization and there was still no sign of the main photographer. That's when I stepped forward, thinking that the client needed someone to take candid photos of the solemnization.
I was worried that I might be overriding the main photographer, however, I didn't want the client to miss out on important moments. I took responsibility and started taking photos. I captured all the candid moments, the preparations, the guests and the reception, as well as all the group photos and solemnization photos.
After the wedding ended, the client thanked me for my services and told me that she had fired her main photographer right before her wedding due to her discontentment with him. She also mentioned that the hobbyist photographer was only hired for the traditional tea reception, which was held in the afternoon hours before the actual day wedding.
Although I felt unbelievable that my client didn't inform me of my new responsibility, I was flattered that she believed in my professionalism and trusted me to take initiative. This experience showed me how much trust clients put in my abilities as a photographer and how much they value my work.
The advantages of having more than one photographer for a wedding are many. Having a second shooter ensures that all the important moments are captured, even if the main photographer is not available. It is a good idea to have a backup plan and someone who can step in and make sure that all the important moments are captured, even if the main photographer is not available.
Skai the Second Shooter at Wedding
Hey there, my name is Skai, and I'm here to tell you that I'm the best-kept secret in wedding photography - the second shooter. I may not be in the spotlight, but I'm the one capturing all the candid moments and behind-the-scenes action that will make your wedding memories even more special.
I know that having a second shooter might not be on the top of your list, but trust me, I'm like the cherry on top of the sundae, the sprinkles on the cupcake, the extra cheese on the pizza. I'll be the one making sure that no important moment goes unnoticed and no detail goes unphotographed. I may not be the main event, but I'll make sure that your wedding photography is as complete and fun as possible. So, let's make some memories together!
Why Skai Loves Being a Second Shooter at Weddings?
As a professional second shooter at weddings, I have to say, I love my job! I mean, where else can you get paid to be a part of one of the most important days of someone's life, eat cake, and snap some amazing shots? Talk about a dream job!
But seriously, there's something truly special about being a part of a couple's big day and capturing all the little moments that they'll treasure forever. Plus, I get to be a fly on the wall and capture candid moments that the couple may not even know existed. It's like being a wedding detective, but with a camera instead of a magnifying glass. And let's not forget about the perks, like getting to see all the stunning dresses, beautiful venues and of course, the CAKE! It's all just too good to be true.
But most importantly, I love knowing that the couple will have these beautiful memories to look back on for the rest of their lives, and that's what makes it all worth it. And to top it all off, I prefer to let others be in the limelight while I concentrate on my work, capturing all the candid moments that make the wedding day unique. candid shots are my forte and I create lots of natural photos without the subjects knowing, that way the couple can relive their wedding day most candidly and naturally as possible.
Advantages of Working with Skai for Your Wedding
As a professional second shooter for weddings, I bring a unique perspective and set of skills to the table that will elevate your wedding photography experience. Here are just a few of the advantages of working with me for your big day:
- I'm a master of candid shots: I know how to capture those candid moments that make your wedding memories so special. I'll be the one capturing the laughter, the tears, and the little details that you might miss on your big day.
- I'm a pro at capturing the behind-the-scenes action: I'll be the one capturing all the little moments that happen before and after the ceremony, like the preparations, the first look, and the reception. This way, you'll have a complete visual story of your wedding day.
- I'm a master of stealth: I know how to capture candid shots without the subjects knowing so that you can relive your wedding day most naturally and candidly possible.
- I'm a lot of fun to work with: I know that your wedding day should be fun and stress-free, and I'll make sure that's the case for you. With my sense of humour and my easy-going attitude, I'll make sure you have a great time while I capture all your special moments.
- I'm a pro at working with the main photographer: I'll make sure that the main photographer and I are in sync, that way we won't miss any important moment and we will deliver the most complete documentation of your big day.
So if you want to make sure that all the important moments and details of your wedding day are captured in a candid, fun and natural way, let me be your second shooter!
Testimonials: What People Say about Skai
"We engaged Skai to photograph our wedding this month - we couldn't be more happy with the pictures he took. He has an excellent eye for detail and managed to capture all the special moments of our wedding without getting in the way of our celebrations. This is the second time we've engaged Skai and we would definitely engage him again in future. Thanks very much Skai."
- Michael Crowe
As a professional second shooter for weddings, I understand that choosing a photographer is a big decision and you want to make sure that you're working with someone who understands your vision and style. That's why I encourage you to check out my testimonials from past clients. These testimonials will give you an idea of my photography style and the kind of experience you can expect when working with me.
You will be able to see the way my clients have described their experience working with me, the kind of photographs I have delivered and the level of satisfaction they have received. By going through my testimonials, you will be able to understand my approach to photography, and how I have helped my clients to capture their special day in a candid, fun and natural way.
You will also be able to see how I always ensure that the couples have a great time while I capture all their special moments.
So, before you make your final decision, take a moment to check out my testimonials and see for yourself why I am the perfect second shooter for your wedding.
Rates & Packages for AD Wedding Photography
Up to 10 Hours: $1500
Additional Hour: $150M/block hr
- 🌞 Natural light photography
- ⚡ Use of on-camera speedlite when necessary
- Pace of shoot: Slow
- Basic Edit (exposure & colour correction)
- Digital copies (high resolution JPG)
- Up to 50 photos /hr
- Photos selected by Photographer
Get back remaining good photos:
+$50/hr booked (subject to availability)
Expedited photo edit (7 days after shoot):
+$50/hr booked (subject to availability)
- Privacy of photos: +$50/hr booked
- Advanced edit (skin retouching) for photos: +$50/photo
Wedding Hairstyling & Makeup
- 1x Hair & Makeup Artist (HMUA)
- Up to 1.5 hour
1 Look (Hairstyling & Makeup)
Follow through the photoshoot: +$60/hr
(subject to availability)
✆ Contact me now for a customised package tailored to your personal needs.
You may be interested in:
- Wedding/ marriage proposal photographer in Singapore
- Pre-wedding photographer in Singapore
- ROM/ solemnization photographer in Singapore
- The worst actual day wedding job for a photographer
- Actual Day AD Wedding photographer in Singapore